Friday 12 July 2013

Blame It On Facebook

I've been fairly worried lately about my total lack of blogging. Is my life so uninteresting - even to me - that I no longer want to share the funny bits?

It was when I read on another grumpy ladies blog that she'd been writing everything on Facebook that I realised that was happening to me too.

Instead of sitting at my laptop or computer trying to stretch out a brief moment - actually, it's trying to shorten it that I have a problem with - into a blog post, I found that I was reaching for the - ever handy - android, and instantly updating my friends about grumpy's latest misdemeanors using the Facebook app.

This is ok, but not ALL my friends are on Facebook (or indeed Twitter), and whilst I'm amusing them there, I'm neglecting those in the blogosphere.

This will be rectified in future because I'm going to update both my blog and Facebook simultaneously ... well I'm going to try. And if I find the time, I'll go through my past status updates and publish a selection of 'funny moments' ...

7 comments:

  1. So you will not have seen our new staff who have taken over Langley Mill Post Office ?

    ALLEY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, but I suspected it had been sold because of a lot of the searches made on my blog. I do hope they're a massive improvement on the last lot ... although it should be impossible for them not to be :/

      Delete
  2. AUCTION UPDATE:

    The Bridge Centre Cromford Road, was withdrawn from sale by Graham Penny Auctions on 4th July, the property had a guide price of £160,000+ which was to take place at Nottingham Racecourse, Colwick Park.

    ALLEY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi 'Skinny'! :)
    I'm only jealous. Anyway - I was just being wowed by these pictures of our little old Earth taken by Cassini as it orbits Saturn - Thought you might like a gander? I felt much better after looking at these pictures - they made me feel soooo small.
    http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/cassini/multimedia/cassini-latest-images.html#.UfDcHY3VCSr
    Cheers.... B xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Skinny! like it, but I'm not there yet though.

      Yes Bernard, Earth is but a speck - if that - in the grand scheme of things.
      Julie xx

      Delete
  4. An Irishman was terribly overweight, so his doctor put him on a diet. ‘I want you to eat regularly for 2 days, then skip a day, then eat regularly again for 2 days, then skip a day ….. And repeat this procedure for 2 weeks. The next time I see you, you should have lost at least 5 pounds.’
    When the Irishman returned, he shocked the doctor by having lost nearly 40lbs!
    ‘Why, that’s amazing!’ the doctor said, ‘Did you follow my instructions?’
    The Irishman nodded …..
    ‘I’ll tell you though, by jaesuz, I t’aut I were going to drop dead on dat 3rd day.’
    ‘From the hunger, you mean?’ asked the doctor.
    ‘No, from the skippin’!’
    .
    :)
    .
    Bernard xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha Bernard,
      I knew what was coming but I still had a titter.
      Julie xx

      Delete

Be nice, I'm very sensitive.