Tuesday 15 May 2012

Poundland For Heanor Retail Park?

I put this in my 'rumours' the other day, but I've since had a few moments - because I've had enough of looking at Androids for two minutes - to cruise a little further away from Langley Mill in the planning applications at AVBC.

I find that you have to be relatively sneaky to spot a 'new' shop taking over by looking here, but the application is:

AVA/2012/0433 Heanor Retail Park Unit 4 High Street Heanor DE75 7EX (where Peacocks is now)

For:

Advertisement consent for 2 blank fascia signs and replacement signage

The applicant is:

POUNDLAND

The total lack of punctuation above is nowt to do wi' me, I know's how to punctuate (mostly), I just copied it from AVBC ;-)

Righto, back to really important stuff ... which Android is to be my delicious choice today? Eeny Meeny Miny Mo ...

.....

Update 17th May 2012:

This application and one connected with it - AVA/2012/0431 - have both been withdrawn (16th May).

So now we'll have to wait and see ...

1 comment:

  1. I've noticed that our recent comments on Poundland are on the 'Home Bargains' post, so to make sure that anyone who is interested doesn't miss them, I've copied them here :)

    Sarah

    Monday, 21 May 2012 21:25:00 BST

    All our checking suggests that Heanor is staying open, although Peacocks is indeed to become a Poundland. Incidentally Birthdays is also closing down - no idea what's coming there... Of course, none of this is confirmed information so it could all be totally different in the end!!!

    Julie

    Monday, 21 May 2012 22:00:00 BST

    Hi Sarah,

    The latest rumours now suggest that Poundland is moving into Birthdays :-/

    Poundland having withdrawn their planning applications for new signage at Peacocks leaves me wondering, but time will tell.

    As you say 'it could all be totally different in the end!!!' :-)

    Anonymous

    Tuesday, 29 May 2012 08:55:00 BST

    pound land is going into the old somerfield store jobs at heanor job center jen.

    ReplyDelete

Be nice, I'm very sensitive.